Monday 25 June 2012

Live Music Wiiin


 


So the competition win I mentioned in the last post was tickets for an "msn exclusives" event...basically a live music session/mini..sit down concert thingy with Michael Kiwanuka. I had just stumbled upon it randomly when comping one day and thought "what the hey" :P Even though I didnt really know who he was... I'd seen a clip of him singing "Home Again" one time but that was it.
Anyway, I went to that tonight. At the Union Chapel in Islington.

First off, let it be known that i Loove Free Things*

 There were free drinks, not 1. not 2. but 3 eaach. ...plus 1 of my friend's 3 :P I had my first San Miguel...because the advert is awesome :D and it was free so thought I'd try it. and having tried it, I still dont understand the hype of beer. It wasn't disgusting, I could finish it. but it wasnt particularly nice either. and I gave guiness another try some days ago and it was as disgusting as ever aaand I tried some white wine for the first time last night  but found it actually quite nice (despite my sister describing it as crappy watery cheap wine. so...maybe thats the type i prefer? lol)...aaand I had red wine last weekend which means...I can probably say, this has been the most alcoholic month of my entire life. and still never been drunk :p
I digress..
before Michael Kiwanuka came on, we had a performance by Ed Drewett. Again never heard of him before but was very pleased to discover him. I loved all the songs he performed, Beautiful voice and he had such a fun attitude :) Then I had to brace the public toilets to release all the free fluids I'd consumed..

Next was the main act, Kiwanuka. Either it's that I was tired, or its just down to how much...louder his performance seemed to Drewett's..due to more instruments...some of which were electrical..and not being able to hear the lyrics well..or that the songs seemed longer...or that his drummer was ridiculously good looking and therefore a distraction,..but I found myself zoning in and out. so I dont feel I apprecited it as much as I could have. maybe it just wasnt really my kind of music :( ..or just not.. acoustic-y enough for me :P




To end it all, they gave us goody bags! I thought it would be a bunch of crap with msn and capital one logos plastered all over them but actuaaally, twas a pretty damn decent haul! behold:




 The Earphones are just huhfikhsdgjgjc. Compared to my other ones which were originally "noise cancelling" but seem to have been getting progressively quieter, these babies are like melted heaven in my ears. Every song just sounds 10 times better at this volume. I just might stay up all night listening to music and doing lazylayingdowninbed dancing




(..yeah I may start using photos more in my posts thanks to my new little nikon friend )


*I only found out about Hackney Weekend 2012 and it's Free nature the Friday before it began. Thanks a lot Bournemouth ¬_¬

UPDATE: The earphones broke in...a day....so ...yeah. ¬_¬

2 comments:

  1. Have you downloaded Ed Drewetts FREE song "Good Morning" yet? I note you like all things FREE, lol

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...